Wednesday, April 3, 2013

2013/2003: Week 11

In my quest to re-lose the weight I took off in 2003-2005, I've decided to document each week, comparing life now (first post) with life 10 years ago (second post). My hope is that I can find the momentum that carried me through those two years by looking at what worked for me then.

WEEK 11: 2013 
Beginning Weight: 264.6
Last week's weight: 247.4
This week's weight: 246.4
Week 11's weight loss: 1
Total weight loss: 18.2

I can't tell you how good it felt yesterday to go outside and do 3 miles. I'm still doing my 3 minute walk/2 minute run combo, but I was able to go faster than I have since I began this new journey. I'm about to go out and attempt 4 miles this morning -- here's hoping my little legs will move.

But because I do believe I need to own up to my stumbles, I will admit here that I did cave this past week and ate Easter candy. I was wrapping up a book  and was feeling rather depressed that I was spending yet another holiday working. It's not an excuse -- I do not condone my behavior!

I am pleased about one thing, though. I signed up for a 5K series -- every Friday night in April. I hope it will do two things for me: keep me running the smaller distances, which I need to do more consistently, and get me out of the house on a Friday night. I tend to become a hermit on my first day off of the weekend and sleep all day (or, as was the case last weekend, work all day and night). Having somewhere to go will be good for me, I think.

Well, I better go hit the pavement. Praying I can stay healthy and focused.


Week 11: 2003
Beginning Weight: 317
Last week's weight: 286
This week's weight: 283.6
Week 11's weight loss: 2.4
Total weight loss: 33.4

Published: 04/22/2003
As my co-workers passed around the chocolate, hollow Easter bunny last week, I so wanted to grab an ear – or even just a nose or toe. I was craving pure milk chocolate, so much that I even dreamed that I ate a bag of Hershey’s Kisses.

Of course, the end of that dream was me in tears, cursing myself for blowing my diet.

So I steered clear of the bunny.

I’ve been feeling good, as that scale continues to go down. But my conscience (and, really, my co-worker) has been nagging me for my biggest shortfall – I haven’t exercised for, like, um, two weeks. I’ve blamed it on the rain, the pollen, my workload. And my eyes have avoided the wall in my home where I’ve posted letters from supportive readers urging me to get outside and exercise.

Are you ashamed? Yeah, me too.

So I got out on Monday and took my two-mile walk. I’m going to get back into this regime. No more excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment