Sunday, May 19, 2013

Week 17

Beginning Weight: 264.6
Last week's weight: 244.2
This week's weight: 249
Week 17's weight loss: +4.8
Total weight loss: -15.6

Wow, I sure did some damage last week. And this week. I hope and pray I can get it off quick -- because it certainly went on quick. 

No excuses. But explanation:

I did my 10th half marathon last Sunday. It actually was a great day -- beautiful weather, wonderful friends. I didn't have my worst race. It was simply wonderful being out there and wonderful accomplishing those 13.1 miles. Three days later, I did a 3-mile race for work. That one was a little harder, but I still did well (for me). There's a whole side story about how I got a blister underneath my big toe and it hurt so bad I feared I couldn't run on Wednesday, but I've since moved on from that drama.

I didn't stuff my mouth with food like a binge eater before or after the race. But I did have a nice Italian meal of gnocchi (only ate half but had a lot of bread) the night before and had a few big cookies throughout the weekend. And a nice breakfast afterward (eggs, bacon, potatoes). I had a cupcake Sunday night. And all of that just added up and couldn't be offset by those 13 miles. 

Unfortunately, Wednesday's race -- for a number of reasons -- brought me down. And over the past few days, I have eaten very poorly. You can probably see the unraveling as you read this.

But I am here. It's taken me half a week to update the post but I'm here and ready to be held accountable. Sadly, that was Wednesday's weigh-in and I know my weight is even more than that right now. All those months of effort and they disappear in the blink of an eye.

I'm a mess. And I'm disappointed in myself. But as it hasn't even been a week yet since the race, I do want to still feel pride that I did it and that I'm not completely down and out.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the race, Diana. One day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't let one week ruin all your hard work you have been doing. Nobody is perfect, put this week in the past and move forward. You are doing awesome ! Think Positive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ditto! today is a new day... right?

    ReplyDelete