Monday, May 25, 2015

Where did May go?

Oh my gosh, I can't believe I haven't written in so long. I need a do-over for May. Seriously. The month is almost over and I don't have much to show for it.

May started great -- I was running before work and feeling awesome doing it. I even ran 6 miles on a Thursday, which I need to be doing more of (longer distances during the week). Then I ran a 10K in Jacksonville last Saturday. It wasn't my best, but it was still pretty good.

But this past week has wiped me out. I have come down with a chest cold -- a horrible cough that won't quit. I've still dragged myself out to do a mile during these days, but I'm telling you, I'm not sure it's been worth it. The mile has left me in a fit of coughs that takes awhile to recover from. I still need to go out and do today's. Hoping it will be better. But that will explain the string of 1-mile minimums below.

I'm now at 208 days straight of at least a mile.

But I'm super behind in my training. I'm supposed to be up to 13 miles, and the longest I've done is 10 -- a month ago. So here's hoping I can beat this cold and get back out there soon. I can't let this bring me down.

(P.S. I will say that as I walked around the track yesterday at dusk, at what must have been a 25-minute-mile pace, blowing my nose every few minutes, I thought to myself "Well, no one can say you give up easily!")

182 days until the MCM: 1 mile
181 days until the MCM: 1.5 miles
180 days until the MCM: 1 mile
179 days until the MCM: 1.5 miles
178 days until the MCM: 1.5 miles
177 days until the MCM: 1.5 miles
176 days until the MCM: 1+ 1 miles
175 days until the MCM: 3 miles
174 days until the MCM: 1.5 miles
173 days until the MCM: 3 miles
172 days until the MCM: 1.5 miles
171 days until the MCM: 2 miles
170 days until the MCM: 1 + 1 miles
169 days until the MCM: 3 miles
168 days until the MCM: 1 mile
167 days until the MCM: 3 miles
166 days until the MCM: 1 mile
165 days until the MCM: 6 miles
164 days until the MCM: 1 mile
163 days until the MCM: 6 miles
162 days until the MCM: 1 mile
161 days until the MCM: 1.5 miles
160 days until the MCM: 1 mile
159 days until the MCM: 1 mile 
158 days until the MCM: 1 mile
157 days until the MCM: 1 mile
156 days until the MCM: 1 mile
155 days until the MCM: 1 mile

2 comments:

  1. Oh, dear. That was always the catch with the "streak" strategy. But I am giggling at "No one can say you give up easily." Ain't that the truth! Get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling much better.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete