Friday, October 7, 2011

A wee update

I'm taking a week off for a little vacation, so I won't be back blogging till next Sunday. So I just wanted to update you on my status.

It's still lousy.

I endured many, many painful injections on Tuesday with the hope they would make my back and IT band feel better. But both still hurt, and as I squatted to look at some books on the bottom shelf earlier today, the IT band really hurt. So I don't know where that leaves me. I plan on trying to hike next week, but I realize I need to be careful, with both my leg and my back.

When I return, I'll try my darndest to pick the training back up. My physical therapist is very hopeful I can still do the half marathon. He knows how much it means to me and how I'd regret it if I didn't try. His thought: Start it and if you have to drop out, at least you can say you tried. Have I mentioned how much I love my physical therapist?

On the fundraising front, we're nearing $2,000 raised. I hope that in the last month I can push to get that last $1,000, but either way, I'm so grateful for those who have already given and those who now know what a great man Chris was.

1 comment:

  1. Your physical therapist sounds awesome. Glad to hear he's optimistic and understanding.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete