Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The good word

I was talking to my massage lady yesterday to reschedule an appointment, and she asked me, "How's the running going?"

I told her about Saturday's 18 miles, how long it took, how I was afraid I wouldn't be able to Beat the Bridge, etc. Her response: "I think you're right where you need to be in your training." (Can you hear my sigh of relief?) She said that, based on Saturday's time, and the fact that it will be cooler in October and I'll have tapered in my training, I should be OK. Who knows if she's right, but it made me feel so much better to have someone who knows running like she does (she's also a trainer) see the positive in my training.

I've been so stressed with the new teaching gig, I have neglected my running/working out this week. But I was determined to run this morning, and I just got back. It was a perfect five-mile run. Weather was just gorgeous. And it helped me clear my head. I'm so very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment