Thursday, February 17, 2011

On my way

I'm pleased to say I returned to the PowerCut class at 8:15 this morning. I took an Advil before the class b/c I was still mega sore from Tuesday's workout. I think it helped a lot, because while the class was still killer, at least I was able to crunch and squat and lunge and lift, whereas I had trouble bending down to tie my shoe last night.

After class, like on Tuesday, I set out for a run. On Tuesday, I found the task impossible. I couldn't even lift my feet off the ground. Today, though, I took a deep breath and began a slot trot. It was tough but I did it.

Now it's not even 11 a.m. and I've managed to log an hourlong class plus a three-mile run. It's a gorgeous day, and I'm really glad I was able to get out there.

It took me a long time to find the courage to attend the class, but my hope is that, now that I've started, I'll commit myself to the Tuesday/Thursday workouts. Maybe the guilt of not attending and disappointing the instructor will keep me going.

P.S. It really is true. No other woman in that class weighs more than 130 pounds. I find myself singing "One of these things is not like the other..."

No comments:

Post a Comment