Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Day 2

Just wanted to update you to let you know I'm still going, still trudging, but that it's been a struggle today.

Remember the co-worker who baked all those cookies? Well, he didn't just bring them into work. He gave each of us our own very large box of homemade cookies. They sat on my desk all day and smelled amazing. More than a dozen varieties.

I know many of you will say "Give them away! Don't keep them in your house! That's sabotage! You don't want to ever eat them anyway!" But I did what I was capable of today and I took them home and froze them. Didn't touch one. I am determined to try this no-sugar thing as best I can, and eating a cookie on Day 2 would have been stupid. But letting them go completely just wasn't an option today. I'm sure that sounds just as stupid, but, for today, it was the best I could do.

Baby steps. Super baby steps.

1 comment:

  1. I can so relate - I know I will get chocolate for Christmas and I know I won't be able to give it away - I will put it in my frig and save it for ..........
    flw

    ReplyDelete