Tuesday, March 19, 2013

2013/2003: Week 9

In my quest to re-lose the weight I took off in 2003-2005, I've decided to document each week, comparing life now (first post) with life 10 years ago (second post). My hope is that I can find the momentum that carried me through those two years by looking at what worked for me then.

WEEK 9: 2013 
Beginning Weight: 264.6
Last week's weight: 250.2
This week's weight: 248.8
Week 8's weight loss: 1.4
Total weight loss: 15.8

I am somewhat horrified that I am only 40 pounds away from 2003 Diana. At the rate I'm going, she will surpass me, and that will just suck. 

But my weight-loss, expectedly, is slow. I'm 10 years older, and in the span of those 10 years, I yo-yo'd in my weight so much that my body is very reluctant to give up the pounds. 

It doesn't make me feel any better, though. I'm having a hard time finding the positive lately.

I also just realized, in looking back at the 2003 Weight Watch, that right now I weigh about what I did at my 10-year high school reunion. I look at those pictures and I swear I weighed more. But, no. The reality is, I'm just as heavy. But without the glowing smile of a girl who had lost 60 pounds. The 20-year reunion is in four months. No, that's not my incentive. With all the high school loves of my life very happily married, I'm not trying to impress anyone. Though I sure would love to have that glow back. That confidence. That smile.

I'll work on it.

In other news, I completed 8 miles on Saturday, which makes me happy (I walked about 70 percent of it but was just glad to be out there). 

But unlike 2003, there's not one ounce of change in the way my clothes fit. That's probably because everything I wear is too tight anyhow. But it's hard to be excited when there's no change in pants or jackets, etc.

Sorry for being Ms. Negativity. Here now is the much happier 2003 Me.

Week 9: 2003
Beginning Weight: 317
Week 7's weight: 294.2 (Week 8 weight n/a)
This week's weight: 288.8
Week 8/9's weight loss: 5.4
Total weight loss: 28.2

Published: 04/08/2003
My slip fell off at work last week.

Yep. It was pretty embarrassing, the black lace falling past my knees on the way to my boss’s office. I quickly scooted back to my desk, shimmied the thing back up and fidgeted in front of a co-worker until the slip was back in place.

I embarrass easily, but this time, well, I have to admit I felt a little joyous at the, er, slip.

It’s hard to believe I’m still losing weight. I’m still feeling a lot of pride for not falling off the wagon at my conference last month, and I think that’s keeping me moving, keeping me focused. Last week, I started looking into joining a gym, though I haven’t committed yet. I love my morning walks (and breathing in fresh air), but something tells me some focused training on those parts of my body screaming to be smaller would be even better for me.

And I have an appointment with my mom next weekend to get some clothes taken in – exciting!

FYI: Don’t let my exclamation points fool you – I still have difficulties, maybe not every day, but often. This weekend, I was in a foul mood, and I yearned to just pull into a McDonald’s parking lot and order up. White-knuckled, I had to fight the urge. And it was indeed a fight.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Diana. I'm thrilled to see you're back on the road to where you want to be.

    ReplyDelete