Saturday, May 21, 2011

Week 2 and I'm already frustrated?

Beginning weight: 235
Last week's weight: 218.8
This week's weight: 218.8

This week's loss: n/a
Total loss: 16.2 pounds
Left to lose: 51.8 pounds

This past week (and, really, for the past two weeks), I have followed Weight Watchers perfectly. I have never gone above my allotted points (not even using exercise points or the weekly points). I exercised three days this week. I had more fruits and vegetables than ever before. I drank a ton of water. I limited my salt.

And I lost nothing.

I'm on my way to D.C. now, where I'll be eating three meals out. That terrifies me. It especially terrifies me because I'm going into it frustrated.

I still use my mantra "one slip and you will fail." But I've got to tell you that last night - home sick - I almost went to get pizza. I told myself the mantra and I felt my brain do that half-listening thing that always gets me into trouble.

I'll report back on Monday to let you know how I did.

2 comments:

  1. Hang tight, you can do it! Not losing any weight the first week means NOTHING. You are on your way!

    BTW, I agree that sometimes cold turkey is the only way to go, but I'm trying to think of a new mantra for you that doesn't include the word "fail."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made all the right choices this week -- sometimes we just don't lose! The important thing is to keep with it.

    I will say, though -- I think you're supposed to use those activity and/or weekly points, because otherwise, you might be eating too little and the body will hold on to it because it's like you're being deprived w/ too few calories. --L

    ReplyDelete