Friday, November 21, 2014

Still going

It's been a hectic two weeks. I had a proofreading assignment that was killer and took much longer than I anticipated. And work has been extra stressful as I've taken on more duties while we're short-staffed.

BUT.

I still walked every day. This is a big deal for me, because usually the first thing to go when I'm stretched for time is the exercise. There were days I was so busy I had to take my proofreading job with me to the treadmill. But I didn't let my goal fall away: I've now walked 23 days in a row.

I think two things have helped me keep this goal going: 1. Momentum. Once I hit a record number of days walking in a row, I didn't want to break the cycle. And 2. Baby steps. Allowing myself a minimum of 1 mile has made it so much more attainable. On days when I was super stretched for time, I knew that I could do just 1 mile and it would be enough.

I've also managed to continue eating great. Yes, we are coming up on Thanksgiving next week and then the danger zone of the Christmas holiday season, but I'm trying to, at least right now, plan ahead mentally for what I'll be faced with.

It's hard to imagine that my ultimate goal is to RUN in a MARATHON when right now I'm just walking between 1 and 3 miles a day. But every big success story has to begin somewhere. And mine is beginning here.


352 days until the MCM: Walked 3 miles
351 days until the MCM: Walked 1 mile
350 days until the MCM: Walked 2.5 and 1 miles
349 days until the MCM: Walked 2 miles
348 days until the MCM: Walked 1 mile
347 days until the MCM: Walked 1 mile
346 days until the MCM: Walked 2.5 miles
345 days until the MCM: Walked 3 miles
344 days until the MCM: Walked 3 miles
343 days until the MCM: Walked 1 mile
342 days until the MCM: Walked 1 mile
341 days until the MCM: Walked 1 mile
340 days until the MCM: Walked 1 mile

Onward!

1 comment: