Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Forgive me for not weighing in

I hope it's OK with you all, but until I meet with my doctor next week, I'm going to stop the official weigh-ins. It's affecting me in a negative way, and I really don't need that at the moment. I am still eating good for the most part and the exercise has gone well. I still weigh above 200 but not as high as 208. I think it was 203 last I checked. I'm treating myself to a pedicure if I can ever get back below.

I had a great run on Sunday. I only did 5 miles, but I ran the first 4.25 straight. I've been trying a new thing on my easy runs - seeing how long I can go without stopping to walk. It's cool to see progress.

Then yesterday, I did some speedwork. I ran three miles, and the last mile was my fastest - and it was below 12 minutes. 11:48, I think. It's definitely progress.

Because I had a hectic shift at work yesterday, I couldn't stair climb during the shift. I didn't finish work until 1:15 a.m., BUT I still managed to do the climbing when I was done. Interesting to climb stairs at 1:15 in the morning, but I didn't want to NOT do it. And I did the most I've done so far - 520 steps (25 flights). It felt good. I'll have 580 to climb on Sunday, but it will be much harder than what I'm doing now b/c now I get to go DOWN every 104 steps, so I get that reprieve. Going straight up is going to be quite a challenge. But I hope my training will help me.

My left leg is stiff today and hurting a bit (imagine that) so I'm resting today. Hope to do a nice slow run again tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. That's a very sensible way of looking at things! Glad you're trying to stay positive.

    Amazing work with the stair climbing and running! I've just started running again (finally, for real this time) and I can't go much more than 3 miles, which is frustrating, but I know it will come in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 25 flights! Wow ... you are such an inspiration to me!!

    -shraddha

    ReplyDelete