Saturday, September 25, 2010

Good day

Today's race was pretty good; it was hard for me (for some reason, each mile felt like three) but it wasn't my worst 8K ever, which pleased me. And my time for the first three miles was the best I've had for quite awhile. So maybe I'm making progress.

It was quite warm today and a little humid but a glorious day overall.

It was depressing getting ready for the race, though. Everything I put on to wear looked horrid and I knew any race pictures taken would be awful. But getting out there was more important. My hope is that I can just keep pushing, keep trying and that maybe the next race pics won't be as bad.

Tomorrow marks two weeks of sticking to my diet. I had a goal to lose two pounds this week but I don't think that will be the case. Not for lack of trying. But for some reason, when I run longer and drink lots and lots of water/Gatorade, the water just stays. Feels like that's happening again today. I keep telling myself not to worry about what the scale says tomorrow. I hope that the memories of the race and the hope for more good races to come will keep me on track.

2 comments:

  1. You inspire me to keep walking. I don't know how you do it. I walked three miles today and felt like I was going to pass out. And it took me about an hour. You should be so proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete