Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Musings

So it's the beginning of the Fall TV season, which is always fun. But I'm already bummed.

I had read some good things about "Mike and Molly," about how the show is simply a romance that just happens to have two overweight people in the relationship. That it wasn't going to be a show that focused on their weight.

WRONG.

It's a cheap, disgusting sitcom that makes fun of fat people with every page of dialogue. I mean, it was so awful. If you substituted the fat jokes for jokes against a race or religion or gender, this country would be up in arms. It was just further proof that people think there's nothing wrong with joking about a person's weight. It was really sad to watch.

Needless to say, I won't be watching it again.

I've preset my VCR (yes, I still have one of those) for The Biggest Loser tonight, but I'm really unsure if I want to watch it. It got me really mad last spring, and I swore I wouldn't watch it again. But I haven't made a firm decision yet.

In other news, I've been doing rather well in the eating and exercise departments, despite my crazy-busy schedule. This morning/last night I was feeling blue because I wasn't sure what to do about my class and I was fretting over their poor performance on a test. I was depressed and really didn't want to go to class. Then something very odd happened that turned my attitude around.

I caught a mouse.

Yeah, so that mouse who appeared back in June or July never showed his little face again and I put away the traps. Then at 5 a.m. Monday, I was doing some work in the living room, and the little bugger appeared again. I was freaked, but he did look very small and quickly went back into the utility closet. So I put the traps back out. And this morning, there he was in one of them. They're humane traps (I got them at PETA), but I still felt awful seeing the little guy trying to free himself from the plastic box. So I took him outside, down the block, to a nice grassy place and opened the trap to let him out. He just sat there, not wanting to leave, but finally he scrambled into the bushes.

I felt good after that. I know I should be freaked out, but he was sweet and I hope he's enjoying the outdoors now.

Looking forward to enjoying the outdoors myself tomorrow for a little run. Maybe I'll see him out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment