Monday, September 27, 2010

In a funk

I'm not sure exactly what my problem is, but I'm blaming it on the rain (which I usually love) and being in an apartment full of mice (and the strangest bug I've ever seen with like 20 long legs and a funky body). I can only guess the annoying work done on my roof has brought these creatures to me. I'm hoping my landlord replies to my e-mail soon - he's out of town - and can find out how they're all getting into my home. I'm braver than I thought I would be, but now it's just annoying.

Anyway, I've just been in a funk the past two days. I've slept a lot, which can be good, but I still haven't been able to come up with a good way to present tomorrow's class lesson. Inspiration better come to me fast.

I was successful on Sunday morning, weighing in exactly where I wanted to be. But then I snacked way, way too much during the day. I didn't eat bad things, but I ate too many of the good things I had (almonds, Kashi trail mix cookies, Weight Watchers snacks). Stopped counting calories, which is no good.

Today, I kind of went the opposite direction. I've finished the day only eating 928 calories. But there was just nothing I wanted and I was feeling so blue about Sunday's excess. Believe me, I know eating under 1,200 calories is very bad for you. But I really have no desire to go eat 300 calories right now, at 10 p.m., just to meet that minimum.

I hope getting back into the swing of my run/class/work tomorrow will get me back on track.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's run, even though I'm sure it will be a rainy mess outside (and depending on how this lesson plan goes, I may only get a few hours' sleep). But it was so great seeing progress at Saturday's race. I looked back on my previous times and my three-miler time Saturday was the best since April. Granted, my mile splits got worse after three miles, but I am still very pleased. I can't wait for the next race.

Here's to trying, trying, trying....

1 comment: