Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Two-week blitz

This week and next week are going to be a bit hectic for me, as I take on a third job. I won't play martyr - I have been wanting proofreading work all summer - but it will indeed be a juggle trying to teach/plan for class, proofread a book, work at the paper and get some running in. I've mapped out these two weeks down to the hour. Let's hope I can keep myself running into next week. It will be quite a success if I do (and not use the time to catch up on sleep).

I had two really good runs recently: On Sunday, I am thrilled to say, I was able to do seven miles. It was slow, alas, but I did it and I actually felt great. I'm guessing the cooler weather helped.

This morning, despite having a horrible night of sleep, I did a three-miler and it was the quickest I've done since the July races. Still slow. But progress is being made.

I still haven't made a firm decision on the half marathon in November; I want to do it, but I don't want to do it unless I'm prepared. I may wait until mid-October to decide.

Forgive me if I don't write much these two weeks. I'll try my darndest, but I don't see much downtime in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment