Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Week 4 weigh-in

Beginning weight: 216
Last week's weight: 208
This week's weight: 206
This week's loss: 2 pounds

Total loss: 10 pounds
Left to lose: 40 pounds

Woo-hoo! I was so worried last Friday when I stepped on the scale and it suggested I was back to 210. Today, when I stepped on, I saw it jump to one of the big points, which I assumed was the 210-point mark, and I wanted to kick myself. Then I looked closer and it was at the 205 mark! Well, more like 206.

So I'll take it!

That's 10 pounds in a month, and while I'm frustrated at myself for still being over 200, I know I'm making progress and just need to remain patient.

I had yet ANOTHER eating dream last night, but I can't recall what food it was. I just remember the frustration at "cheating."

So, with regard to the scale: I will probably purchase a new one soon. I bought a digital scale a few years back, but every time I stepped on it, it gave me a different number. Like four times in a row different. So I ditched it and went back to my dial scale, because at least it was consistent. A friend recently passed along a Consumer Reports story on scales, which suggested the Taylor Glass Electronic Scale as being the most accurate. I am going to try to buy it as soon as this snow melts and I feel comfortable going out. But beware: It means my weight will likely jump back up. Maybe I'll wait till NEXT YEAR'S snow melts! Hee hee.

2 comments:

  1. Keep on going Diana!!!! I know you can do it! Only a few more and you're under 200 again. That's really exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! See, it is working. And you can't give up or get too frustrated because you're journey is motivating me. I know it's a lot of pressure, but your support for my efforts means a lot.

    ReplyDelete