Sunday, June 20, 2010

Great race

Don't have much time to write (off to do a little more running before the temps skyrocket this morning) but I wanted to update you on the past few days.

First, my Friday weigh-in: 207.2, so I lost about a pound and a half. I was pleased.

Second, my Saturday 8K. I was extremely worried as I started running those first few steps. My legs felt exhausted. I could only think about my leg workouts at the gym and how they probably just wiped my little stumps out. But I was determined to plow through. (Oh, and I only had four hours of sleep, too.)

Turned out, all went just fine. It was blazing hot in the sun, but those moments in the shade - sometimes a whole stretch of a city block - were glorious and I always picked up speed at those points. After running the first mile, I did a run/walk. Then, during the last mile, as I thought about trying to just get through a quarter mile at a time, an odd, odd, odd burst of energy hit me and I was able to run almost the whole mile.

Yes, I was still insanely slow (1007th out of 1156) but it was a great run on a pretty day and I was pleased as punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment