Thursday, June 17, 2010

Toot toot

(That's me tooting my own horn.)

I could be down on myself - why not? I weigh too much and have a serious eating problem. But I'm going to pat myself on the back today. I just got back from my boxing class, which followed a three-mile run/walk. And despite my exhaustion and feeling crappy after the run (I'm beginning to doubt I can ever run straight again), I not only attended the class and not only finished the class, but I kept up with the class. I boxed and kicked and squatted and lunged and stepped and (kinda) pushed up and crunched. I did it despite feeling like I was going to vomit. And when, after a hard set, I took off my hand wraps and the trainer looked at me and asked if I'd had enough, I said, "Oh, I'm not leaving."

And I didn't.

It sucked. And I felt very foolish, especially doing the frog leaps, with my big thighs flapping together for all to hear. But I never stopped. And I'll give myself credit for that.

1 comment:

  1. Pat, pat.

    That's me giving you a pat on the back. Hope you're still walking today and that you can maintain your enthusiasm. :)

    Does your gym have yoga classes? They are awesome and a great complement to running as well.

    ReplyDelete