Thursday, July 22, 2010

That was a close one

I very nearly missed my boxing class today. I got up super late and it was 11:50 before I made up my mind that I'd go to the noon class. I'm glad I went. Though they still haven't fixed the A/C and it was 86 degrees in the boxing room, it was good to be there. (After all, it was cooler than being outside!)

Unfortunately, on the very last boxing exercise before moving on to other circuit training, my right hook left me in shooting pain in my elbow. Prior to the injury, my trainer kept saying I wasn't hooking correctly. I kept trying to fix it. When I grasped my elbow in pain, he simply nodded and said, "Yeah, you're not doing it right." Ya think?

Luckily, within 5 minutes or so, the pain had subsided to a dull thump. It hurts but it's more like a soreness now. I have a feeling designing tonight at work will be a painful challenge.

After class, which ended five minutes early, I decided to make sure I got in my full hour's workout (we also started about 10 minutes late) and I hit the treadmill, running for a mile.

I'm so glad I went to the gym. It was quite the struggle to get me there; I've just been so exhausted lately and I wonder if the heat is to blame.

Last night, I overate, but I did it healthfully (does that even make sense?). I went to this new Kebab Shack on Granby and ordered some chicken skewers. I had no idea what kind to get, so I got the variety plate. Ended up being a whole lot of chicken. It was grilled and tasted light. But, yeah, despite my full stomach, I ate it all.

Well, man, it hurts to type now, which doesn't bode well for work. Better go get the ice pack...

No comments:

Post a Comment