Saturday, July 24, 2010

Week 1 weigh-in: Part 2

Beginning weight: 210.2
Last week's weight: 210.2
This week's weight: 210.6
This week's loss: +0.4

Total loss: +0.4
Left to lose: 43.6 pounds

I kinda hit my head against the wall after this morning's weigh-in, and it was one of those times I wanted to curl back up into bed and sleep the depression away.

Only it was 5 a.m. and I needed to get out to Virginia Beach for a 5K.

Somewhere I found the energy, laced up those running shoes and headed out to Fort Story. At 7 a.m., it was 88 degrees. And forts, alas, aren't known for their many trees and shady trails. No, instead I was faced with endless black asphalt and a blazing sun.

But with no timing chips, I didn't feel as much pressure. A good thing, because my legs felt like lead. Only 7 minutes in, I had to walk. But when I completed my first mile, I realized I had done it rather quickly (for me). It seems as if I may be getting faster during my running spurts.

My legs warmed up about halfway through, but, alas, so did the rest of my body. The sun was brutal.

I finished in about the same time as the 5K two weeks ago (but this one had hills). While I didn't show much improvement, I was just glad I got out there. It would have been easy to "sit this one out" because of today's temps.

This week, while not successful on the scale, was successful exercise-wise. I got out there four out of seven days (not including my daily 1-mile walks to/fro work), not letting heat or rain or humidity stop me. I'm not a poster girl for dieting, obviously, but all I can do is keep trying, keep running and keep the faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment