Saturday, July 17, 2010

The weigh-in is back

Remember the old weekly weigh-in? Back in the days of yore (the first four months of the year), I would bravely record the results from the scale each week, telling you where I'd been and where I was and where I hoped to be.

I stopped the weigh-ins for some excuse or another. But I realize now I need to bring them back. And what better time to start than the present.

This weight (the "beginning") is from this morning.

Beginning weight: 210.2
Last week's weight: xx
This week's weight: 210.2
This week's loss: x
Total loss: xx
Left to lose: 43.2 pounds

I've been having a rough time lately, and I admit, I'm pretty scared going into this weekend feeling depressed and hungry. (Hungry in spirit, not in stomach, though as you know, I tend to confuse the two.)

But I did a very Oprah thing and ordered the new book "Women, Food and God," which conveniently arrived in my mailbox this morning, along with "Run Your First Marathon" (yes, I've still postponed the marathon goal but I wanted the book nonetheless). I hope the two books will keep me focused as I slog through a lonely two days off.

No comments:

Post a Comment