Tuesday, August 25, 2009

5 miles + Power Cut

First things first: My weight. 196 pounds. No change from last week. I blame myself. The weight had actually gone down farther, but yesterday I overate. Nothing bad but just too much snacking.

Today's five miles went well. Nothing hurt and I thanked God with each pain-free step. Did a little stretching and icing and then went to my Power Cut class where, during a set of squats, my knees (plural) ached. I had to stop. That scared me. But the rest of the class was OK and even lunges went well. No more pain.

I'm debating what to do tomorrow. I want to do a slow, small run, but I also think maybe I need to take it easy and just run every other day until I don't hurt anymore. We'll see. I may just do a lot of stretching and rolling. And maybe some laundry!

OK, so for the uplifting news.

Three years ago, I ran my first half marathon by training with a group of amazing people. I raised money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and, in return, through Team In Training, I was blessed with two amazing coaches: Bob and Michelle. I've wanted to return and even swore I'd go back to TNT if I ever ran a marathon. But earlier in the year, when signups began for the TNT season for Marine Corps, it was a shaky time in the newspaper business and I was afraid I wouldn't be around if I got laid off.

I e-mailed Coach Bob yesterday to get his advice about my Beat the Bridge fears, and he's invited me out to run with his crew. Granted, I'll have to get up at 5 a.m. on Saturday (after working till midnight) to do it, but I think it will be the pick-me-up I need right now. I'm looking forward to it so much and hope my legs behave this week so I can go.

I'm a very lucky girl. I have so much wonderful support. (A little shout out to my sister, who has helped me through so much this week and, well, always. I'm so lucky.)

No comments:

Post a Comment