I thought I'd share with you Part 1 of 3 regarding Temptations Diana Has Resisted at Work.
Here's how the first two months broke down (this list does not include the weekly M&M Thursday temptations I create for myself nor the multiple times a week the night desk orders out and tempts me with the amazing smell of Chinese food):
15 days of temptations at work: Jan.-Feb. (and part of March)
1. Birthday cookie cake
2. Dessert party leftovers
3. Birthday cookies and cake
4. Krispy Kreme on a Saturday
5. Brownies, etc. from work meeting
6. Business Dept. cake
7, Goodbye cake
8. Goodbye cookies, cake
9. Pizza on Snow Day
10. Pizza and hot blueberry muffins on Snow Day II
12. Cake, cookies, more cookies for a birthday
13. Pizza from Photo Dept., muffins and cookies for copy desker's first day
14. Cupcakes galore for intern's last day
15. HOT Krispy Kreme doughnuts
So looking at that, I feel good I've managed to resist thousands of calories over the course of the past two months. I know that while my weight-loss is insanely slow, at least I haven't gained weight, which I would have done had I not resisted.
While I'm really busy this week, I made a promise to myself yesterday that I would work hard proofreading on Tuesday so I could enjoy a beautiful day outside today. And so far I've done just that. I just got back from a three-mile run that went well and then did a series of strength workouts with the window open and a nice breeze and sunshine coming through. I'll get back to working like crazy tomorrow and then try again Friday to take a break and get outside for a run.