Monday, March 15, 2010

What a week

It's been an exhausting week. I had to finish proofreading a 400-page hardback novel, and it was a lot of work. Also, my work schedule was out of whack last week, as I did different shifts that had me starting earlier, which derailed my running and morning proofreading.

So I was pretty proud of myself when I was able to run/walk 10 miles on Sunday, then finish proofing 150 pages, all the while losing an hour from Daylight Saving Time. I was tempted to skip the run because of all the work I had, but I knew I needed to get out there. It was a good run, for the most part, though toward the end I was hurting.

Barely got any sleep last night and finished up today. Just mailed the book back. And, typically, that's where I end up gorging on food. In the past, after I ship off a book, I'll get a treat of some sort, and usually it's very bad for me. This time, however, I opted for a semi-treat. I got a Teeter sub (that's a 6-inch sub from Harris Teeter), which is not as healthy as Subway, more filling but not horrible for me. Whole wheat bread, turkey, lettuce, tomato...but, yes, also 2 slices of cheese and oil & vinegar. I hadn't had one for months and thought it would be a way to have something different without totally derailing my efforts. At least I hope it hasn't.

All morning I had been tempted to eat bad. But what I was craving wasn't sweets. It was pizza and Indian food, etc. After working out so hard yesterday and eating 4 points under my allotment (yeah, not smart when you do 10 miles), I was frustrated when I stepped on the scale today and saw the same number that's appeared all week. I really wanted to go grab a pizza. And while it might not be smart to eat a Teeter sub the day before my official weigh-in, I decided to do it anyhow. It was very good. And I don't regret it. I also bought Baked Ruffles, which in the past, I'd eat from the bag with my Teeter sub. Today I portioned out my 1 ounce.

So I'm happy overall. My one pair of jeans is starting to have room in them, whereas before you couldn't slip a piece of paper in. I'm nowhere near where I wanted to be at this point (my calendar says I should be at 196; I'm not). But I realize that if I quit now, I'll never get there.

In much need of a nap right now. And then I need to clean this disaster of an apartment (the day after a book is due, it's at its worst). Perhaps I can burn some calories vacuuming....

No comments:

Post a Comment