Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 1 (please don't laugh)

What I did that was good for me today:

1. I prepared some meals for the week, including batter for my favorite whole wheat blueberry pancakes, some sweet potato chips and what turned out to be a delicious shrimp and chicken stir-fry.

2. Went to the gym. (Stretched, did arm weights, did an hour of cardio alternating between the treadmill and bike two times each, did some crunches.)

3. Ate at least seven servings of fruits/veggies.

4. Drank water.

5. Walked to work and back.

6. Did not wear a T-shirt to the office.

My foot is sore, but no more sore than it has been lately. I'm icing it as I prepare for bedtime and hoping I can squeeze in some running here and there without doing damage. I'm stubborn. I know. I may regret it.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, please don't run on your injured foot. You'll just slow down your recovery, and worst-case scenario, the pain will make you alter your mechanics in some way and lead to more (perhaps chronic) problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. When overwhelmed, sometimes going back to basics is good.

    Sorry about the foot - I understand the stubborn, though! No one wants to be bossed around by her feet.

    ReplyDelete