Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 7

This morning, I woke up in a pretty bad mood. Not sure why exactly (beyond the fact that I can't seem to sleep through the night), but I was feeling blue. Then I stepped on the scale, which showed weight gain, and I was like, "Really?" I was so good yesterday and resisted so much.

I ate breakfast on the couch, feeling sorry for myself and considering skipping all workouts. That "why bother?" mentality was doing its damage. But right before noon, I got myself to the gym. I did an hour of boxing, followed by 30 minutes with the trainer doing speed work on a treadmill. I figured, since I'm not spending hotel/car/airplane money on this vacation, I could give up $40 for a good workout. (When I was speeding on the treadmill, thinking I couldn't last much longer, I kept picturing the $40 off in the distance...) I think I did pretty good, though he didn't push me too much.

(FOOT UPDATE: The same. Hurts sometimes, as does the shin, which is kinda tender to the touch, but it hasn't hurt while I'm working out. I keep icing. I may take tomorrow off.)

I'm glad I went to the gym. It definitely helped my mood.

But then.

I had checked another thing off my list yesterday when I finally got photos developed that have been sitting on my camera since April. Today, I looked at them. I looked so bad. I LOOK so bad. It was pretty depressing.

And I got an unexpected, and large, bill in the mail, making me wonder if I can afford anything else this week, including my restaurant outing on Friday.

Today just wasn't my day. But there's always tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment