Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 6

A very nice day. I went to see the double feature, both "The Kids are All Right" and "Cyrus," and both were excellent. I resisted such things as popcorn and the homemade baclava the Naro sells. Instead, in between flicks, I went across the street and got some low-fat frozen yogurt. For dinner, I got take-out of my favorite salad: a spinach and grilled chicken and apple dish.

I had to estimate the salad, but it looks like I only went about 100 calories over my 1,200 allotment. I'm pleased with that. There were many temptations I resisted today.

I checked off TWO "for fun" items and one "for health" item today, so it looks like tomorrow I will have no "fun" but double "work." But that's OK. It will be nice to stay at home tomorrow, with the exception of a trip to the gym, where I hope to attempt speed work on the treadmill again.

I'm very happy to see I've almost made it one week. I know it sounds like it's no big deal, but for me, it's huge. Building up momentum is one of the hardest things; I look forward to sailing on it one of these days!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a big deal to me! Breaking habits is the hardest part of changing your life.

    ReplyDelete