Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day 3.1

I'm equating the next few days with encountering a huge hill on a bike ride. It's going to take every ounce of effort to get me through, to get over the hill. I'm mentally preparing myself for it, and I hope to use that image when things get tough.

Why the concern? It's Saturday, of course. The day of the week where I get off work at 7 p.m. (ish) and have a whole night ahead of me, a night that screams for me to stop at the grocery store and buy something bad.

And after that, my days off begin - a whole week with no structure/plans.

When I couldn't sleep this morning around the wicked hour of 3 a.m. (why is it always 3 a.m. when I wake up in the middle of the night?), I came up with an idea for my week. I'm going to create a to-do chart with three columns: For Fun, For Work, For My Health. I'll write down nine items in each category and pick one from each every day. That could be fun. Like a Choose Your Own Adventure for my stay-cation.

I'll let you know what I come up with for the categories when the day is through. At that point, I hope I'll have made it up part of the hill, feeling good about what's to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment