Friday, January 7, 2011

Busy bee

It was a nice three days of laziness: the first three days since August where I didn't have another job hanging over my head. I could actually sleep in and not feel bad.

But a new proofreading job is coming tomorrow, so it's back to the grind.

My attempt at running this week didn't go so well, as my calves are extra, extra tight - the result of getting back into a regimen, I'm sure (and climbing lots of flights of stairs). But I've still exercised in some way every day this week. And the eating is going well.

I did have to back out of margaritas with some friends tonight, though, because I'm still in the beginning stages where I'm afraid I'll fall off too soon. I need at least a few weeks of a healthier routine before I add any twists.

Saturday: 5K
Sunday: 6-mile walk
Monday: 210 steps
Tuesday: 210 steps; 1-mile walk
Wednesday: 3-mile walk; 1-mile walk at work
Thursday: 210 steps

I know...it's so minor. I need to start pushing it again. I think I was just so exhausted from all the work, I just relished being a slug this week, er, three days. But I've been a slug exercise-wise for too long now and really need to get out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment