Sunday, January 24, 2010

For the record

Can I just say for the record that I hate how slow I am these days? I just finished my 8-miler, and while it was two minutes better than last week's 8-miler, it was still really bad. My shins hurt and I had to walk most of it.

BUT, on a positive note, at least I covered the mileage. By mile two, with the soreness not going away, I thought I'd call it a day, chalk it up as a running attempt and go home to rest my shins. But then I realized that I wasn't in a hurry, it was a nice day out and I needed to at least walk the rest of it. So I did. I tried to walk fast, and I must have, since I didn't run as much as last week but had a better time.

Only three weeks or so until the 14K and I'm a little worried. I really, really need to do my leg exercises. Why am I so lazy about this?

No comments:

Post a Comment